New Ryobi products are guaranteed to be free from defects in material or workmanship manifesting themselves within a period of five years from the date of purchase by the first user, subject to the following conditions:
1. Under the terms of this guarantee, the repair or replacement of any part shall be the opinion of Ryobi or its authorised agents only. Products are sold by the dealer as principal and the dealer has no authority from Ryobi to give any additional warranty or guarantee on Ryobi ‘s behalf, except as herein contained or herein referred to.
2. This guarantee covers the ordinary and normal operation of the product, excludes any defects which may arise from normal wear and tear, negligent or improper usage, a failure to maintain the product as specified in the owner‘s manual (the onus of satisfactorily proving which shall rest upon the owner) and any defects arising from accidents. Products which have in any manner been tampered with are excluded from this guarantee.
3. Accessories such as bits, blades, sanding discs, cutting lines, etc. are excluded from this guarantee. Normal consumable parts, such as carbon brushes, bearings, chucks, cord assembly’s, spark plugs, recoil pulleys and bump head assembly’ s are specifically excluded from this guarantee.
4. In the event of a malfunction within the guarantee period, the product must be returned to the Seller within that period together with proof of purchase in the form of a cash slip or invoice. Ryobi accepts no additional liability pursuant to this guarantee for the costs of travelling or transportation of the product or parts to and from the service dealer or agent, which costs are not included in this guarantee.
5. This guarantee is the only guarantee given by Ryobi and no liability will fall upon Ryobi otherwise than as recorded above. In particular, Ryobi shall not be responsible for any damage or losses which may be suffered by the Purchaser or any other person acquiring the product from him whether direct, consequential or otherwise.